Saturday, August 17, 2013

Kauai 2013 - Day 9 & 10

At 4:10 a.m., I woke up to my son, Michael, tapping me on the shoulder saying, "Get up!"  "What's wrong?" I asked slightly concerned.  "You need to come see all the stars outside" he replied.  I desperately wanted to go back to sleep, but I dragged myself out of bed wanting to share in his excitement.  I'm not sure why he decided to go outside in the middle of the night to look at the stars, but I'm glad he did.  I could barely open my tired eyes, but I was still able to appreciate the stars in our amazing universe.  Stars galore!

After spending a few moments trying to take in what I was seeing, I think I said, "that's great, dad will want to get some pictures later."  Then stumbled back to bed.

This was a very casual day.  We went to Kiahuna Beach again.  The waves were a bit stronger and larger today.  I timed one wave poorly while boogie boarding and got slammed down pretty hard.  I'm sure it was comical to everyone watching.  I spent the next 10 minutes out in the ocean trying to empty the pounds of sand out of my swimsuit!
Nathan happened to capture the moment of my wipeout!  

One last look

We stayed for only a few hours then decided to go home and get ready for a late lunch at the Beach House.

The Beach House was a wonderful choice for lunch.  We had great service, delicious lunch and a perfect view of the ocean.




















After lunch, we did a little more shopping and returned to the condo to started packing for our move north the next day.


Day 10 ~ Moving day to the North Shore (Princeville)

Checkout of our condo in Poipu wasn't until noon so Mike and I decided to take a drive over to the Maha'ulepu Beaches to walk along the Lithified Cliffs.  The weather was very overcast today with intermittent rain showers.  We parked near Gillin's Beach and managed to get our walk in without getting soaked by any rain.




















We then began our journey up to Princeville.  Of course, we had to do a Costco run to replenish on food and fill up the car with gas.  Gas at Costco was $4.27. A good 30 cents cheaper than everywhere else.

For lunch we planned on stopping at Reggie's Wild Boar in Anahola, but Reggie wasn't there. A nice lady that has a jewelry stand set up at that same location to us he will be back next Friday, 8/23.

Backdrop of Reggie's Wild Boar location on Hokualele Rd

Check in at our condo at Emmalani Court wasn't until 3, but I made a call to the property manager and fortunately we were able to get in early.

The condo is perfect for our family!  It is a two bedroom spacious condo and has every amenity we would need including air conditioning.  I also love the updates and how clean it is.

We were extremely hungry at this point and "word on the street, or TA" is that the Chevron gas station has some pretty good burgers.  Well, we can confirm they have great burgers! The boys were happy with this find. ; )  Also, on our way into to Foodland, we spotted the CD kiosk and bought one of Leilani's CDs!


We spent the rest of the evening exploring the grounds and the surrounding areas of our condo. We chose this location for a few reasons.  The boys needed a pool, it was affordable and we have access to a good snorkeling beach just below us.  We took a walk down both trails.  One is below Pali Ke Kua and the other leads to Hideways Beach.  We a looking forward to future snorkeling adventures at these locations.


We finished our exploring and we returned to the condo just in time to experience our first sunset on the  North Shore.  WOW!

We really enjoyed staying in Poipu and seeing and experiencing what the South Shore had to offer.  I had no complaints. (Well, maybe just one complaint, the constant change of speed limit signs!)  We would be happy to stay there again.  But when we arrived up North, a sense of peace came over me.  I even had some butterflies in my stomach.

We walked to the edge of the bluff to watch the sunset.  It was so peaceful and quiet. Pure tranquility.
One of my favorite Bible verses is, "Be still and know that I am God."  This was my, "be still" moment.




















No comments:

Post a Comment